A mix between black and white, grey is by definition, truly neutral. But its varying shades, whether light grey, mid grey or a dark charcoal, make grey one of the most versatile colour, perfect for creating gorgeous bedroom décor.
With a grey coloured bedhead, you simply cannot go wrong. Here's how to use grey in your bedroom, plus how to decorate, combine grey with other colours with a simple goal: to create stunningly gorgeous bedroom décor!
1. Wall Colour Pebble grey walls are the warming trend used in chic bedrooms today.
Bring your walls to life with a grey upholstered bedhead that is lighter in colour and then complement with lighter grey or white bed linen. This will give more sophisticated chic look.
2. Trim Colour If you're planning to paint your bedroom walls grey, then follow the trend of ivory trim colour to soften grey. A cream or ivory trim will not only balance the grey walls but will give it some depth.
3. The use of shine on surfaces If your bedroom has grey coloured walls, a grey bedhead and/or bed sheets, using surfaces with shine, such as mirrors and chrome accessories will bring your soft furnishings to life.
4. Grey requires light Grey is one of those colours that require natural lighting so be sure to bring in a few sources of light. Table lamps, and floor lamps, downlights and even a chandelier help create a warm, ambient atmosphere in your bedroom. Never underestimate the power of natural light and keep this is mind when positioning bedroom furnishing features such as blanket boxes and bed heads.
5. Combining colour with grey: creating endless possibilities There are endless, crafty ways to complement a variety of grey tones. Beautiful décor is easily created combining grey with a spectrum of colours such as teals and coral. Grey tones blend perfectly with the coral tones on furniture, such as beds and chairs. Bedroom linen in teal and coral look simply divine against a light to mid grey coloured bedhead. Experiment with layering different shades of grey in the one room. A dark grey bed against a light grey wall creates a striking look.
6. Soft Bedroom Furnishings to Complete the Look. A dark charcoal or grey bed provide a perfect base to as a perfect starting point for adding bursts of colour such as pink cushions or a blue coloured throw. Try out different textures such as a cream faux fur to create an expensive glamorous look. Combine your feature bedhead with other bedroom furniture pieces such as occasional chairs, footstools or ottomans created in a complementing patterned fabric adding depth, difference and making an impression Using shades of grey to furnish and decorate your bedroom will result in you creating your very own personalised bedroom. The possibilities provided by the many shades of grey make it an easy, foolproof colour choice that any beginner, budding designer or professional interior designer can use to create unique, stunning bedroom décor.